|Reference||Title||Grade||Length||Quality||Bolts||Gone||Natural pro||Link to edit content|
|G&S||Greg & Sharon’s Climb||17||45m||
Red face, tending right, straight up to belay anchor at 1st pitch of SD & TWF. Trad gear.
Greg Low, Sharon Niel
|WF||The Weta File||21 ,17 ,19||105m||
From same ledge start as SD up wall past bolts to roof. Through roof, up crack to same Rap stn as SD.
Grant Piper, Kevin Barrett 02/09
|SD||Stunt Double||18 ,21 ,15||86m||
Start at bolt go up LH corner right at break and up arête to ledge. (As for Eco Terrorist). Rap anchors on right. Traverse left along ledge.
Grant Piper, Greg Low, 03/09
|ET||Eco Terrorist||18 ,19 ,18||140m||
Start at bolt go up LH corner right at break and up arête to ledge. Rap anchors on right.
Kevin Barrett Grant Piper 11/08
|TO||Tall Order||17 ,18 ,18 ,17||130m||
Up middle of RH slab thin vertical crack at 2/3rds height and up to rap stn.
Kevin Barrett, Grant Piper, November 2008
|DoS||Dirty Old Slab||17||45m||
Start up rough looking slab left of arete. Climb up slabs to trad anchor 30 meters right of bolt anchor for Tall Order.
Greg Low & Grant Piper 28/2/11
|MR||Mercury Rising||18 ,15||70m||
Start at 3rd pitch of Tall Order. Clip 1st bolt, then ascend R-wards across slabs into the corner. Climb the corner system the move L-wards onto a small ledge, then climb the headwall past 2 bolts, then using a series of cracks for pro to the double bolt belay.
Grant Piper, Kevin Barratt, Mattias Kerkman 2012
East of Christian Principals Crag is another couple of crag that have recently had ascents done on them. Standing at Pinnacles Hut, the crag is the prominent pyramid shape crag to the left of C P Crag. Grid Ref 798 310 Methven Map
- Go to the Point on the track where the Pinnacles Hut is first seen. Grid ref 799 317.
- Climb on to the rocky knob uphill from the track.
- Drop off knob downhill across grass to upper LH side where grass meets the scrub. Look for a cairn and go through scrub (semi-cut track) to dry creek bed.
- Go between two big boulders and venture up LH creek bed (true right).
- To avoid the bluff/ waterfall leave the creek bed on the LH side once above traverse back right into the creek bed.
- When the creek goes left, go straight uphill onto terrace.
- Go right into next creek under small waterfall.
There is a few flat sleeping ledges, the “Babbling Brook Biv”
Look left to old rope and use it to navigate left under pyramid 798 310. Base of Crag.
There are also Routes on the right hand crag: Babbling Brook Right. The climbs require a reasonable selection of trad gear but also have bolts where the trad gear runs thin. Enjoy!
BX20 699 701